Destination Cl & C2: Grammar and Vocabulary has been designed for advanced students at Cl and C2 levels on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework scale. This book provides presentation and practice of all the key grammar, vocabulary and lexico-grammatical areas required for all main Cl and C2 exams, eg Cambridge CAE and Cambridge CPE.
There are 26 units in the book: 13 grammar units and 13 vocabulary units.
One verb in each sentence is in the wrong tense. Underline the incorrect word or phrase and write it in the correct tense.
1 I've been having a lot of problems with my computer recently and so I got a technician to come and have a look at it, but she has told me that it was because I wasn’t using it properly.
2 It was a few days since I heard from Roger, but he left Russia last Monday and he was planning to arrive in China yesterday, so I called his mum to see if she had heard anything.
3 Patricia and I were having a really good discussion when Jason suddenly appeared and decided that he wanted to join in, even though he has known absolutely nothing about what we were talking about.
4 I had never been visiting a working prison before, so when the opportunity came up I was really eager to have a look around and I certainly wasn’t disappointed, although we weren’t actually allowed to see the area where the prisoners live.
5 Charlie didn’t know what Callum had said to Imogen, but he could see immediately that she had been crying and he was putting his arm around her to comfort her, which made her feel a little better.
6 Although there was no reason to doubt what Alex said, I was ringing Rick to check and he told me that Alex had been right and the concert really had been cancelled because the lead singer had come down with flu.
7 The year before, I had given Lisa a CD for her birthday, but this particular year I wanted to surprise her, so I went into town and I was looking round the shops when suddenly I had seen an old-fashioned hat, and it was her size, so I immediately bought it.
8 Olivia was cycling to school, as she usually did on those days when her father was working and wasn’t able to drive her, when she was passing an old woman, who was waiting for the lights to change so that she could cross the road.
Thinking and learning.
Change and technology.
Time and work.
Passives and causatives.
Movement and transport.
Modals and semi-modals.
Communication and the media.
Chance and nature.
Quantity and money.
Adjectives and adverbs.
Materials and the built environment.
Reactions and health.
Power and social issues.
Quality and the arts.
Relationships and people.
Preference and leisure activities.
Topic vocabulary database.
Phrasal verbs database.
Phrases, patterns and collocations database.
Word formation database.
Бесплатно скачать электронную книгу в удобном формате, смотреть и читать:
Скачать книгу Destination Cl & C2, Grammar and Vocabulary, Mann M., Taylore-Knowles S., 2007 - fileskachat.com, быстрое и бесплатное скачивание.
Ниже можно купить эту книгу по лучшей цене со скидкой с доставкой по всей России.Купить эту книгу
Скачать - pdf - Яндекс.Диск.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Mann :: Taylore-Knowles
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
Следующие учебники и книги:
- Kernel One, O’Neill R., 1978 — Kernel One is organised around a number of characters and a story line. This story line develops gradually, and at … Книги по английскому языку
- A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language, Quirk R., Greenbaum S., Leech G., Svartvik J., 1985 — With A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language, we attempt i something much more ambitious: a culmination of our joint … Книги по английскому языку
- Children’s Illustrated Thesaurus, 2017 — The Children’s Illustrated Thesaurus is easy to use when you want to find a synonym to improve your writing. Synonyms … Книги по английскому языку
- IELTS Language Practice, Vince M., French A., 2011 — IELTS Language Practice is a reference and practice book for students preparing for the IELTS examination. It provides clear grammar … Книги по английскому языку
- Macmillan English Grammar In Context, Clarke S., 2008 — This book is designed to teach and revise grammar points at the level of Council of Europe Framework (CEF) A1, … Книги по английскому языку
- Principles of Language Learning and Teaching, Brown H.D., 2007 — Since its first publication in 1980, Principles of Language Learning and Teaching, here in its fifth edition, has served a … Книги по английскому языку
- Good word guide, Manser M.H., 2003 — The Good Word Guide, one of the most wide-ranging English language reference books available, presents the reader with the facts … Книги по английскому языку
- Oxford English for Information Technology, GIendinning E.H., McEwan J. — Oxford English for Information Technology is a course for students of information technology and computing, or for people already working … Книги по английскому языку