Principles of Language Learning and Teaching, Brown H.D., 2007.
Since its first publication in 1980, Principles of Language Learning and Teaching, here in its fifth edition, has served a number of purposes for many audiences around the world. For graduates or advanced undergraduates in languageteacher education programs, it is a textbook on the theoretical foundations of language teaching, a survey of what research has revealed about how human beings acquire a second language. For a surprising number of people it has become a book that Master's degree candidates pore over in preparation for the SLA section of their comprehensive examinations or for references for their thesis research. For experienced teachers, it has become a handbook that provides an overview of current issues in the field with an index and bibliographic entries to aid in that overview.
NINETEEN CENTURIES OF LANGUAGE TEACHING.
A survey of research and theoretical trends in SLA remains abstract and unfocused without its application to the practical concerns of pedagogy' in the classroom. Besides, most readers of this book are ultimately interested in language pedagogy in one form or another, and so in an attempt to help to build bridges between theory and practice, I will offer occasional relevant historical commentaries on language teaching, and link those descriptions to topics and issues being treated. In so doing, I hope to acquaint you progressively with some of the major methodological trends and issues on the pedagogical side of the profession.
So far in this chapter, the focus has been on research over the past century or so of linguistics and psychology, and in the last section of this chapter, I will draw your attention to pedagogical trends and issues in the twentieth century. What do we know about language teaching in the two or three millennia prior? The answer is: not very much.
Preface to the Fifth Edition.
Chapter 1 Language, Learning, and Teaching.
PART I. AGE FACTORS.
Chapter 2 First Language Acquisition.
Chapter 3 Age and Acquisition.
PART II. PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS.
Chapter 4 Human Learning.
Chapter 5 Styles and Strategies.
Chapter 6 Personality Factors.
PART III. SOCIOCULTURAL FACTORS.
Chapter 7 Sociocultural Factors.
Chapter 8 Communicative Competence.
PART IV. LINGUISTIC FACTORS.
Chapter 9 Cross-Linguistic Influence and Learner Language.
Chapter 10 Toward a Theory of Second Language Acquisition.
Topics and Questions for Study and Discussion.
Language Learning Experience. Finaljournal Entry.
Теги: учебник по английскому языку :: английский язык :: Brown
Смотрите также учебники, книги и учебные материалы:
- IELTS Language Practice, Vince M., French A., 2011 — IELTS Language Practice is a reference and practice book for students preparing for the IELTS examination. It provides clear grammar … Книги по английскому языку
- Destination B1, Grammar and Vocabulary, With Answer Key, Mann M., Taylore-Knowles S. — Destination B1: Grammar and Vocabulary has been designed for intermediate students at B1 (Threshold) level on the Council of Europe … Книги по английскому языку
- Destination Cl & C2, Grammar and Vocabulary, Mann M., Taylore-Knowles S., 2007 — Destination Cl C2: Grammar and Vocabulary has been designed for advanced students at Cl and C2 levels on the Council … Книги по английскому языку
- Macmillan English Grammar In Context, Clarke S., 2008 — This book is designed to teach and revise grammar points at the level of Council of Europe Framework (CEF) A1, … Книги по английскому языку
- Good word guide, Manser M.H., 2003 — The Good Word Guide, one of the most wide-ranging English language reference books available, presents the reader with the facts … Книги по английскому языку
- Oxford English for Information Technology, GIendinning E.H., McEwan J. — Oxford English for Information Technology is a course for students of information technology and computing, or for people already working … Книги по английскому языку
- Improve your IELTS, Writing Skills, McCarter S., Whitby N. — Improve your IELTS Writing Skills is a complete preparation course for the Academic Writing paper of the International English Language … Книги по английскому языку
- Focus on Advanced English C.A.E., Foley M., Whitehead R. — Focus on Advanced English is a complete, integrated course for students preparing for the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English examination. … Книги по английскому языку